Sorry, only registred users can create playlists.
- Mix the milk and yoghurt in a bowl. Add the wheat bran, mix, and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Put the sugar, oil, vanilla flavouring and egg in a bowl. Beat well.
- Add the wheat bran mixture and mix well.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add a pinch or two of salt and mix well. Mix in the raisins.
- Divide the batter equally into a lightly-greased muffin tray (or use paper cups if you prefer). Bake at 190°C (375°F) for about 15 minutes. Leave to cool in the tray for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
In place of the milk and yoghurt you can use 250 ml (8 fl oz) of buttermilk. Any sugar will do for this recipe but the darker the sugar the more flavourful the muffins. I prefer soft brown cane sugar for my muffins!